Peer Reviewed Articles
64. A. Moores, "Bottom up, solid-phase syntheses of inorganic nanomaterials by mechanochemistry and aging" Curr. Op. Green Sustainable Chem. 2018, 12, 33-37
63. D.T. Allen, D. J. Carrier, J. Gong, B.-J. Hwang, P. Licence, A. Moores, T. Pradeep, B. Sels, B. Subramaniam, M.K.C. Tam, L. Zhang, R.M. Williams, “Advancing the Use of Sustainability Metrics in ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering” ACS sustainable Chem. Eng. 2018, 6 (1), 1–1.
62. A. Moores, N. Yan, "Novel Catalytic Materials for Energy and the Environment" ACS sustainable Chem. Eng.2017, 5 (12), 11124–11124 (Editorial of the themed issue for “Novel Catalytic Materials for energy and the environment”)
61. A. Y. Li, A. Segalla, C.J. Li, A. Moores,* “Mechanochemical metal-free transfer hydrogenation of carbonyls using polymethylhydrosiloxane as hydrogen source” ACS sustainable Chem. Eng. 2017, 5 (12), 11752–11760 (Invited contribution to the themed issue for “Novel Catalytic Materials for energy and the environment”)
60. A. Gellé, A. Moores,* “Water splitting catalyzed by plasmonic nanoparticles enhanced titanium dioxide”, Pure Appl. Chem., 2017, 89 (12), 1817-1827 (Invited contribution to the themed issue for “NICE 2016 Conference on biobased, bioinspired materials”)
59. M. Y. Malca, P.-O. Ferko, T. Friščić, A. Moores,* “Solid-state mechanochemical ω-functionalization of poly (ethylene glycol)”, Beilstein J. Org. Chem. 2017, 13, 1963-1968. (Invited contribution to the themed issue entitled “Mechanochemistry”)
58. M. Malca, H. Bao, T. Bastaille, N. K. Saade, J. M. Kinsella, T. Friščić, A. Moores,* “Mechanically activated solvent-free assembly of ultrasmall Bi2S3 nanoparticles: a novel, simple and sustainable means to access chalcogenide nanoparticles, used as contrast agents”, Chem. Mater. 2017, 29 (18), 7766–7773.
57. M. J. Landry, A. Gellé, B.Y. Meng, C. J. Barrett, A. Moores,* “Exploring plasmonic-enhanced reduction catalysis: molecular hydrogen activation for ketone and aldehyde reduction catalyzed by silver cubes under visible light” ACS Catal. 2017, 7, 6128–6133.
56. M. Kaushik, A. Moores,* “New trends in sustainable nanocatalysis: emerging use of earth abundant metals”, Curr. Op. Green Sustainable Chem. 2017, 7, 39-45. (Invited contribution to the themed issue entitled “New Synthetic Methods”)
55. D. Allen, D.J. Carrier, B.-J. Hwang, P. Licence, A. Moores, T. Pradeep, B. Sels, B. Subramaniam, K. Tam, L. Zhang, R. Williams, “ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering’s Impact Factor Continues To Rise”, ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng. 2017, 5 , 5617-5617.
54. L.C. de la Garza, K. De Oliveira Vigier, G. Chatel, A. Moores,* “Amphiphilic dipyridinium-phosphotungstate as efficient and recyclable catalyst for triphasic fatty-ester epoxidation and oxidative cleavage with hydrogen peroxide”, Green Chem. 2017, 19, 2855 - 2862 (Invited contribution to the themed issue entitled “2017 Emerging Investigators”)
53. D. Allen, D.J. Carrier, B.-J. Hwang, P. Licence, A. Moores, T. Pradeep, B. Sels, B. Subramaniam, K. Tam, R. Williams, “Four Years of ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering: Reflections and New Developments”, ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng. 2017, 5 (1), 1–2.
52. N. Araji, D. D. Madjinza, G. Chatel,* A. Moores, F. Jérôme, K. De Oliveira Vigier,* “Synthesis of maleic and fumaric acids from furfural in the presence of betaine hydrochloride and hydrogen peroxide”, Green Chem. 2017, 19 (1), 98-101.
51. M. Rak, T. Friščić, A. Moores,* “One-step, atom-economical and energy-efficient mechanochemical synthesis of silver nanoparticles infused lignin composites used as highly active multidrug resistant antibacterial filters”, RSC Adv. 2016, 6, 58365-58370.
50. A. Y. Li, M. Kaushik, C.-J. Li, A. Moores, "Microwave-assisted, atom-economical synthesis of magnetically separable carboxymethylcellulose-embedded Ag-Fe3O4 nanocatalysts for the selective hydrogenation and oxidation of carbonyl in water", ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng., 2016, 4 (3), 965–973
48. M. Kaushik, A. Y. Li, R. Hudson, M. Masnadi, C.-J. Li, A. Moores,* “Reversing aggregation: Direct synthesis of nanocatalysts from bulk metal. Cellulose nanocrystals as active support to access efficient hydrogenation silver nanocatalysts”, Green Chem. 2016, 18 (1), 129-133.
47. M. Kaushik, H M. Friedman, M. Bateman, A. Moores,* "Cellulose nanocrystals as non-innocent support to the synthesis of ruthenium nanoparticles and their application to arene hydrogenation". RSC Adv. 2015 (5), 53207-53210. (Invited contribution to the special issue "Advanced nanomaterials - sustainable preparation and their catalytic applications")
46. M. Kaushik, K. Basu, C. Benoit, C.M. Cirtiu, H. Vali, A. Moores,* "Cellulose Nanocrystals as chiral inducers: Enantioselective catalysis and Transmission Electron Microscopy 3D Characterization". J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2015137 (19), 6124–6127
45. R Hudson, V Chazelle, M Bateman, R Roy, C Li,* A Moores,* "Sustainable synthesis of magnetic ruthenium-coated iron nanoparticles and application in the catalytic transfer hydrogenation of ketones", ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng. 2015, 3 (5),814–820
44. M. Masnadi, N. Yao, N. Braidy, A. Moores,* “Cu(II) Galvanic Reduction and Deposition onto Iron Nano- and Microparticles: Resulting Morphologies and Growth Mechanisms", Langmuir 2015, 31(2), 789-798.
41. S. Ishikawa, H. Reuben, M. Masnadi Khiabani, M. Bateman, A. Castonguay, A. Moores*, C.-J. Li*, “Cyclopropanation of diazoesters with styrene derivatives catalyzed by magnetically recoverable copper-plated iron nanoparticles”, Tetrahedron, 2014, 70, 36, 6162–6168. (Invited contribution to the special “Nanotek for organic synthesis, and organic synthesis for nanotek”)
40. M. J. Rak, T. Friščić, A. Moores*, “Mechanochemical synthesis of Au, Pd, Ru and Re nanoparticles with lignin as a bio-based reducing agent and stabilizing matrix”, Faraday Discuss. 2014, 170, 155-167.
39. M. Kaushik, W. C. Chen, T. G. M. van de Ven, A. Moores*, “Imaging Cellulose Nanocrystals by Transmission Electron Spectroscopy”, Nordic Pulp and Paper Res. J., 2014, 29 (1), 77-84. (Invited contribution to the special on Nanocellulose)
38. M. J. Rak, N. K. Saadé, T. Friščić, A. Moores*, “Mechanochemical Synthesis of Ultrasmall Monodisperse Amine-Stabilized Gold Nanoparticles with Controllable Size”, Green Chem., 2014,16 (1), 86-89.
37. R. Hudson, S. Ishikawa, C.J. Li,* A. Moores,* “Magnetically Recoverable CuFe2O4 Nanoparticles as Highly Active Catalysts for Csp3-Csp and Csp3-Csp3 Oxidative Cross Dehydrogenative Coupling”, Synlett, 2013, 24, 1637-1642.
36. R. Hudson, G. Hamasaka, T. Osako Y.Y.A. Yamada, C.J. Li, Y. Uozumi,* A. Moores,* “Highly Efficient Iron(0) Nanoparticle-Catalyzed Hydrogenation in Water in Flow”, Green Chem., 2013, 15, 2141-2148.
35. T.T. Schug*, R. Abagyan, B. Blumberg, T.J. Collins, D. Crews, P.L. DeFur, S.M. Dickerson, T.M. Edwards, A.C. Gore, L.J. Guillette, T. Hayes, J.J. Heindel, A. Moores, H.B. Patisaul, T.L. Tal, K.A. Thayer, L.N. Vandenberg, J. Warner, C.S. Watson, F.S. vom Saal, R.T. Zoeller, K.P. O’Brien,* J.P. Myers,* “Designing Endocrine Disruption Out of the Next Generation of Chemicals”, Green Chem., 2013, 15, 181-198.
34. S. Ishikawa, R. Hudson, A. Moores,* C. J. Li,* “Ligand modified CuFe2O4 nanoparticles as magnetically recoverable and reusable catalyst for azide-alkyne click condensation”, Heterocycle, 2012, 86 (2), 1970. (Invited contribution to the special issue in the honour of Ei-ichi Negishi)
33. K. L. Luska, K.Z. Demmans, S. A. Stratton, A. Moores,* “Higher Alkene Hydroformylation Catalyzed by Rhodium Complexes Stabilized by Phosphine-Functionalized Phosphonium Ionic Liquids: Influence of the Phosphonium Headgroup on Catalytic Activity”, Dalton Trans., 2012, 41 (43), 13533 - 13540. (Invited contribution to the special issue in the honour of David Cole-Hamilton)
32. K. L. Luska, A. Moores,* “Ruthenium Nanoparticle Catalysts Stabilized in Phosphonium and Imidazolium Ionic Liquids: Dependence of Catalyst Stability and Activity on the Ionicity of the Ionic Liquid”, Green Chem., 2012, 14, 1736-1742.
31. R. Hudson, C. J. Li,* A. Moores,* “Magnetic copper–iron nanoparticles as simple heterogeneous catalysts for the azide–alkyne click reaction in water”, Green Chem., 2012, 14, 622-624.
30. R. Hudson, A. Rivière, C. M. Cirtiu, K. L. Luska, A. Moores,* “Simple and stable iron nanoparticles as magnetically recoverable and selective olefin and alkyne hydrogenation catalysts in ethanol as a solvent”, Chem. Comm., 2012, 48, 3360-3362.
29. K. L. Luska,* A. Moores,* “Functionalized Ionic Liquids for the Synthesis of Metal Nanoparticles”, ChemCatChem 2012, 4 (10), 1534–1546. (Invited contribution to the special issue “Synthesis of Nanocatalysts”)
28. S. A. Stratton, K.L. Luska, A. Moores,* “Rhodium Nanoparticles Stabilized with Phosphine Functionalized Imidazolium Ionic Liquids as Recyclable Arene Hydrogenation Catalysts”, Catal. Today, 2012, 183, 96-100 (Invited contribution to the special issue in the honor of Prof. Yuan Kou)
27. K. L. Luska, A. Moores,* “Rational Size Control of Gold Nanoparticles Employing an Organometallic Precursor [Au-C≡C-tBu]4 and Tunable Thiolate Functionalized Ionic Liquids”, Can. J. Chem., 2012, 90(1) 145-152. (Invited contribution to the special issue in the honor of Prof. T. H. Chan)
26. K.L. Luska, A. Moores,* “Improved Stability and Catalytic Activity of Palladium Nanoparticle Catalysts Using Phosphine Functionalized Imidazolium Ionic Liquids”, Adv. Synth. Catal., 2011, 353 (17), 3167–3177.
25. C. M. Cirtiu, T. Raychoudhury, S. Ghoshal,* A. Moores,* “Systematic Comparison of the Size, Surface Characteristics and Colloidal Stability of Zero Valent Iron Nanoparticles Pre- and Post-Grafted with Common Polymers”, Colloids Surf. A, 2011, 390, 1-3, 95-104.
24. T. Q. Zeng, L. Yang, R. Hudson, G. H. Song, A. Moores, C.-J. Li,* “Fe3O4 Nanoparticle-Supported Copper (I) Pybox Catalyst: Magnetically Recoverable Catalyst for Enantioselective Direct-Addition of Terminal Alkynes to Imines”, Org. Lett., 2011, 13, 442-445.
23. C. M. Cirtiu, A. Dunlop-Brière, A. Moores,* “Cellulose nanocrystallites as an efficient support for nanoparticles of palladium: application for catalytic hydrogenation and Heck coupling under mild conditions”, Green Chem., 2011, 13, 288-291.
22. T. Q. Zeng, G. H. Song, A. Moores, C.-J. Li,* “Magnetically Recoverable Iron Nanoparticle Catalyzed Cross-Dehydrogenative Coupling (CDC) between Two Csp3-H Bonds Using Molecular Oxygen”, Synlett, 2010, 2002-2008
21. T. Q. Zeng, W.-W. Chen, C. M. Cirtiu, A. Moores, G. H. Song, C.-J. Li,* “Fe3O4 nanoparticles: a robust and magnetically recoverable catalyst for three-component coupling of aldehyde, alkyne and amine”, Green Chemistry, 2010, 12, 570-573.
20. C. Vilain, F. Goettmann, A. Moores, P. Le Floch,* C. Sanchez,* “Study of metal nanoparticules stabilised by mixed ligand shell: a striking blue shift of the surface plasmon band pleading for the formation of Janus nanoparticles”, J. Mater. Chem., 2007, 17, 3509-3514.
19. A. Moores, T. Cantat, L. Ricard, N. Mézailles, P. Le Floch,* “Experimental and theoretical study of phosphinine sulfides”, New J. Chem., 2007, 8, 1493-1498.
18. D. Gnanamgari, A. Moores, E. Rajaseelan, R. H. Crabtree,* “Transfer hydrogenation of imines and direct reductive amination of aldehydes catalyzed by triazole derived carbene iridium(I) complexes”, Organometallics 2007, 26, 1226-1230.
17. A. Moores, M. Poyatos, Y. Luo, R. H. Crabtree,* “Catalysed Low Temperature H2 Release from Nitrogen Heterocycles”, New J. Chem. 2006, 11, 1675-1678.
16. F. Goettmann, A. Moores, C. Boissière, P. Le Floch,* C. Sanchez,* “Periodically organized mesoporous silica thin layers as host for phosphinines-stabilized gold nanoparticles: UV-visible sensing of small thiols and phosphines”, Thin Solid Films 2006, 495, 280-285.
15. A. Moores,* F. Goettmann,* “The plasmon band in noble metal nanoparticles: an introduction to theory and applications”, New J. Chem. 2006, 30, 1121-1132.
14. G. Cortial, M. Siutkowski, F. Goettmann, A. Moores, C. Boissiere, D. Grosso, P. Le Floch,* C. Sanchez,* “Metallic nanoparticles hosted in mesoporous oxide thin films for catalytic applications”, Small 2006, 2, 1042-1045.
13. M. Doux, A. Moores, N. Mézailles, L. Ricard, Y. Jean, P. Le Floch,* “The CO/PC analogy in coordination chemistry and catalysis”, J. Organomet. Chem. 2005, 690, 2407-2415.
12. A. Moores, N. Mézailles, L. Ricard, P. le Floch,* “h5- rhodium(I) complexes of a l4- phosphinine anion: Syntheses, X-ray crystal structures, and application in the catalyzed hydroformylation of olefins”, Organometallics2005, 24, 508-513.
11. F. Goettmann, A. Moores, C. Boissière, P. Le Floch,* C. Sanchez,* “A selective chemical sensor based on the plasmonic response of phosphinine-stabilized gold nanoparticles hosted on periodically organized mesoporous silica thin layers”, Small 2005, 1, 636-639.
10. A. Moores, N. Mézailles, L. Ricard, Y. Jean, P. Le Floch,* “η2- palladium and platinum(II) complexes of a λ4- phosphinine anion: Syntheses, X-ray crystal structures, and DFT calculations”, Organometallics 2004, 23, 2870 - 2875.
9. H. Perron, A. Moores, I. Demachy, A. Lledos, Y. Jean, P. Le Floch,* “Structural flexibility of formally d10-[M(biphosphinine)2]q complexes”, New J. Chem. 2004, 28, 838-842.
8. S. Choua, C. Dutan, L. Cataldo, T. Berclaz, M. Geoffroy, N. Mézailles, A. Moores, L. Ricard and P. Le Floch,* “Effect of conformational changes on a one-electron reduction process: Evidence of a one-electron P-P bond formation in a bis(phosphinine)”, Chem.-Eur. J.2004, 10, 4080-4090.
7. A. Moores, F. Goettmann, C. Sanchez,* P. Le Floch,* “Phosphinine stabilised gold nanoparticles; synthesis and immobilisation on mesoporous materials”, Chem. Commun. 2004, 2842-2843.
6. A. Moores, N. Mézailles, L. Ricard, F. Mathey, P. Le Floch,* “Neutral and dianionic iron and ruthenium 1,4-diphosphabutadiene complexes”, Chem. Commun. 2003, 1914-1915.
5. A. Moores, L. Ricard, P. Le Floch,* N. Mézailles,* “First X-ray crystal study and DFT calculations of anionic λ4-phosphinines”, Organometallics 2003, 22, 1960-1966.
4. C. Dutan, S. Choua, T. Berclaz, M. Geoffroy, N. Mézailles, A. Moores, L. Ricard, P. Le Floch,* “Electron transfer between two silyl-substituted phenylene rings: EPR/ENDOR spectra, DFT calculations, and crystal structure of the one-electron reduction compound of a di(m- silylphenylenedisiloxane)”, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2003, 125, 4487-4494.
3. A. Moores, C. Defieber, N. Mézailles, N. Maigrot, L. Ricard, P. Le Floch,* “Siloxa-brigded-cyclophanes featuring benzene, thiophene and pyridine units”, New. J. Chem. 2003, 27, 994-999.
2. A. Moores, L. Ricard and P. Le Floch,* “A 1-methyl-phosphininium compound: Synthesis X-ray crystal structure, and DFT calculations”, Angew. Chem.-Int. Edit. 2003, 42, 4940-4944.
1. A. Moores, N. Mézailles, N. Maigrot, L. Ricard, F. Mathey and P. Le Floch,* “Synthesis and reactivity towards cationic group 11 metal centers of an extended silacalix- 3 -phosphinine macrocycle”, Eur. J. Inorg. Chem. 2002, 2034-2039.